The Guernsey FA - Supporting You
Whilst we understand that primarily, football is a relatively simple game, we also realise that at grassroots level there are many ways in which players may need guidance, advice and support.
The Guernsey FA is ideally placed to be able to provide you with support and information about a number of topics that could be relevant to your participation, including:
- Safeguarding & Welfare - what policies, procedures and education are available to ensure appropriate safeguards exist.
- Insurance - what cover is in place to protect players.
- Discipline - what are the disciplinary procedures for affiliated football.
- Suspensions - what are the suspension time-frames and when does a suspension start.
- Reporting Concerns - what should be done if there are concerns about somebody's safety in football.
- Inclusion - what policies exist to ensure football is accessible for all.
- Retirement - what options are available to stay involved when no longer playing regularly.
- Technology - what technology is available to make the football experience more engaged.
Get in touch
T: 01481 200443
Or contact our Football Development Team:
Safeguarding and Welfare
Everyone in football has a responsibility to make our game safe and enjoyable.
For example, if as a player you have a concern about the treatment of an under-18 player at your club, you have a duty to report it. There are various confidential ways to do this.
Find out how The FA and the Guernsey FA manages safeguarding nationally and locally. You’ll also find detailed information on the game’s safeguarding strategy, including reporting concerns.
If you feel that an adult connected to your league or club (e.g. a referee, coach or a volunteer) is mistreating someone under the age of 18, there are various confidential ways you can report this.
By ‘mistreating’, we mean behaving towards under-18s in a physical or verbal way you believe is threatening or makes the young person feel scared or bad.
Find out more and watch a short film The FA has produced explaining how to report your concerns. Of course, everything is completely confidential.
FULL-TIME is the easy way of managing your football leagues online. The FA is offering it free to all affiliated leagues across the country.
FULL-TIME is the only league administration package that works in conjunction with TheFA.com, your County website and Whole Game System.