The GuernseyFA is striving to ensure that every disabled person who wants to be involved in the game has the opportunity to reach their potential.
We are committed to enabling everybody to play our national game and reach their potential as a player, coach, referee or administrator. The disability programme aims to establish opportunities for participation and offer quality provision for people with disabilities. The Football Development Team are keen to support Guernsey Disability Football Club, and any other club wishing to become more accessible to people with disabilities or wishing to establish a disability football team within the club.
Coaching Disabled Footballers
The Coaching Disabled Footballers course is designed to give football coaches and teachers ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions within mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements, by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
1. Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience, meet the needs of players with a range of impairments.
2. Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers.
3. Use appropriate terminology.
4. Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations.
5. Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers.
6. Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities.
7. Understand the player pathway available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
For more information on disability football and courses, please contact the Guernsey Football Association
Angus Mackay -07781 126461 or Angus.Mackay@guernseyfa.com