Next week (6th-10th of September 2021) will see the beginning of Football Specific PE Lessons with the following five primary schools: St. Mary and St. Michael, Le Rondin, St. Martins, Notre Dame and Vauvert. These lessons will be with children in year 5 and/or year 6 and will take place weekly up to October Half Term.
This PE delivery is part of the Guernsey Sports Commission School Sports Partnership, more details on this can be found by clicking here
The PE Lessons are delivered by Guernsey FA Staff, Jordan Kelly, Joelle Pengelley and Angus Mackay; who have all completed the Level 2 Multi-Skills Development in Sport qualification in partnership with the Guernsey Sports Commission. All three also have football specific qualifications, up to a minimum of FA Level 2, along with the relevant Safeguarding & Medical qualifications and a current DBS check.
Some of the planned outcomes of the School Sports Partnership are:
- Developing teachers’ understanding and knowledge of Fundamental Movement Skills and Sport
- Developing our own practice by learning from teachers
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality Physical Activity in schools by helping to upskill teachers
- Promoting the diversity of Sport and Physical Activity
- Ensuring a fun and positive experience of PE for all
- Signposting sporting activities outside of school and identifying opportunities for greater participation
- Funding sporting opportunities for individual children where cost is a barrier
- Acting as a positive role model for teachers and children
We are grateful for the support from the Guernsey Sports Commission, the Primary Schools, and all staff and volunteers who help make the programme a success.