Overview: This qualification is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares people for voluntary or paid work as a coach mentor, primarily within the grassroots game. This six hour course is aimed at grassroots coaches who wish to further their knowledge and confidence in mentoring to enable them to better support the development of coaching colleagues in a local setting.
Minimum Age: 16
Learners may seek employment or work in a voluntary capacity as coach mentor and/or may wish to further develop their coach knowledge understanding and skills by undertaking an FA coaching course
Objective: What is covered?
This course will provide a benefit to learners on the basis that it will develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of how to effectively mentor coaches, primarily in a grassroots context. Through the programme of training and assessment, learners will;
● understand the role of the mentor and principles of effective mentoring
● be able to use appropriate interpersonal skills to become an effective mentor
● be able to reflect effectively and use reflection as a learning tool
● be able to support participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment
● understand strategies for mentoring
● be able to use core mentoring interpersonal skills (observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning, critical reflection)
● understand mentoring assessment, feedback and goal setting processes
● understand CPD and reflective action planning opportunities for mentors to consider their future development
Who is it for?
Coaches providing support to other Football Coaches in a mentoring capacity.
Who supports it?
This course has been developed by The FA as the industry standard coach mentoring course.
Progression: What future learning opportunities could this lead to?
Though this is the only course offered in relation to coach mentoring, mentors may wish to seek further formal learning opportunities via the coaching pathway. Learners should also visit thefa.com and/or contact their local CFA for further CPD opportunities.
What future employment could this lead to?
Learners may be able to seek employment as a coach mentor.
Achievement: What are the pre-requisites?
Prior to registration learners must be at least 16 years of age
What is required to complete?
There is no formal assessment; the progress of learners is monitored through the group activities and discussions.
This course will be running as follows:
- Sunday the 17th of November 2019
- Venue: TBC
- Time: 9.30am-4.30pm
- Cost: FREE
- Tutor: Kevin Green
In order to register, or for more information, please contact Angus Mackay, Football Development Officer: email@example.com or 07781 126461