FA Level 3 UEFA B Coaching Course
The first ever UEFA B license in Guernsey began last week, with candidates from Sylvans SC, Guernsey Rovers AC, Guernsey FC, Guernsey FA, Guernsey Ladies FC, Guernsey Primary Schools FA, Elizabeth College Junior School and Vale Recreation FC in attendance. Andy Poole, County Coach Developer, was in the island to lead on the course alongside Mike Garnett and Angus Mackay.
The FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football is designed to help coaches develop players by designing practices that encourage decision-making, while meeting the technical, tactical, physical, psychological and social needs of the players. Football is filled with complex decision-making scenarios, so designing relevant game-like practices with plenty of decision-making opportunities is crucial. They ensure that players are able to practice and prepare for competition.
- Develop an understanding of the England DNA
- Refine a coaches beliefs, values and coaching and playing philosophy
- Develop players by designing practices that meet technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs.
- Understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
- Understand what relevant and effective practice looks like in both training and competition
Course Candidate, Stew Moyles, commented that “It was great to spend time with dedicated coaches and discuss how we plan, deliver and evaluate practices to best develop players. Block 1 of the UEFA B license has helped me understand and fine tune why we coach what we coach along with how we coach.”
“I’m excited to begin my project and continue to catch up with coaches from the course and meet up in Block 2!”