Workshop 1 & 2 - build a practice
- Qualities of a coach
- What is a game (rules and scoring system)
- The game in England
- Build a practice 'for your players'
Workshop 3 & 4 - develop a practice
- Review of Block 1
- England DNA (in possession, out of possession and transition)
- Technical components of the game
- Principles of play
- Develop a practice 'for your players'
Workshop 5, 6 & 7 - extend a practice
- Review of Block 2
- FA 4 Corner Long-term Player Development Model
- Differentiation - supporting individuals
- Extend the practice 'for your players'
- Linking practice to match day
- Managing self, parents, players and the game on match day
- Course review
Workshop 8 - FA Safeguarding for Coaches & FA Emergency Aid
Prior to certification for the qualification, you are required to:
- hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- attend the two hour ‘How We Support’ Block* (safeguarding) of The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football and complete the one hour Safeguarding Children online learning
*if you have an FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate which is less than three years old or have completed the Safeguarding Children Recertification within the last three years you do not need to attend this module. However, completion of this module will update your qualification for a further three years.
You will be introduced to:
- The England DNA
- The FA 4 Corner Model which will help you gain a better understanding of player long-term development
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping you construct appropriate practices and sessions
- A series of practical coaching ideas, giving you the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe and engaging practices