Launched in 2001, The FA Charter Standard Programme, supported by McDonald’s, is the FA’s accreditation scheme for grassroots clubs. Its goal is to raise standards in grassroots football, support the development of clubs, recognising and rewarding them for their commitment and achievements.
With this in mind, FA Charter Standard accreditation is awarded to clubs adjudged to be well-run and sustainable – and which prioritise child protection, quality coaching and implementation of the Respect programme.
There are three levels of FA Charter Standard Awards for clubs, one of which is The FA Charter Standard Club for adult clubs.
Benefits of becoming an FA Charter Standard Club
• Free tickets (upon application) for England youth and women’s internationals (tickets promoted via County FAs when fixtures are released)
• Invitations to local In-Service & CPD events organised by your local County FA
• Access to administrative support sessions organised by your local County FA
• Support with funding applications via your County FA
New FA Charter Standard clubs also receive:-
• An official FA plaque and certificate
• Resources to help promote the club
• £100 worth of official FA Nike matchballs (FA Charter Standard Youth and Adult Clubs)
• £150 worth of official FA Nike matchballs (FA Charter Standard Development Clubs)
• £200 worth of official FA Nike matchballs (FA Charter Standard Community Clubs)
• Opportunity to become a Nike Partner Club (FA Charter Standard Development and Community Clubs)
Overall, FA Charter Standard status is a clear demonstration to all parents, sponsors and the public, that a club (or league):
• Is well-organised, safe and offers opportunities for all
• Has FA-qualified coaches as standard
• Adheres to FA Respect Policies and Codes of Conduct
• Prioritises Child Welfare
• Maintains appropriate levels of discipline
• Has access to the County FA and FA regional workforces
• Can use the coveted ‘Three Lions’ FA crest on its marketing and business materials.
For more information, including useful resources, please click here