The course will cover:
- The role of the first aider
- The jaw thrust as an airway opening technique
- The A-E approach of the injured footballer (inclusive of the unconscious footballer)
- Emergency action planning for football
- Preparation for action for sudden cardiac arrest in the young
- Recognition, BLS with AED
- Breathing for every player during BLS, compression only CPR is not recommended for those first aiders with a duty of care to respond to players during matches and training (this is different context to the lay person attendance in a different environment)
- The FA concussion guidelines
- Dispelling the myths of first aid in football
- The football specific first aid kit and record keeping
The course is applicable to coaches, team managers, parents, teachers, volunteers and carers.
This course will:
Offer basic advice on how to limit the effects of injury and promote recovery.
Provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to be able to attend a conscious or unconscious casualty and ensure that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s), assumes responsibility for the casualty.